Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Romney avoiding truth of Islam

While Romney would be a better president than Obama, I am dismayed that he also sugar-coats Islam. I don’t know if his views have changed in the past 2 years since he made the following statements about Jihadism having nothing to do with Islam, but here it is…

There is, however, a movement in the world known as jihadism. They call themselves jihadists and I use the same term. And this jihadist movement is intent on causing the collapse of moderate Muslim states and the assassination of moderate Muslim leaders. It is also intent on causing collapse of other nations in the world. It's by no means a branch of Islam. It is instead an entirely different entity. In no way do I suggest it is a part of Islam.

I would venture a safe bet that millions of Muslims in dozens of Muslim nations would disagree with Romney’s separation of Jihadism from Islam. The actions of those millions betray that politically popular but wrong and naïve portrayal.

His position on this disqualifies Romney from my support. We’ll see what else he has to say on this topic in the coming months.

Read more HERE and HERE.

No comments: