No surprise here, except that it is so brazen.
Not 24 hours after the announcement of the selection of Paul Ryan as VP on the Romney ticket and the main stream media (MSM), aka main-socialist media, comes out with scare tactics mimicking Chicago politics fear mongering, innuendo and lies .
The latest example of this fear mongering was displayed by CBS this evening. Their main storyline depicted the purpose of the separate campaign tracks of Romney and Ryan over the next several days – Romney in Florida, Ryan in Iowa – as being to avoid discussion of alleged “massive Medicare cuts to Florida seniors” that they erroneously attribute to the Ryan plan. Aside from the overt bias of CBS’s evening news, HERE is Bob Schieffer casting the first stone. And HERE is where CBS’s “60 Minutes” edited out Ryan’s example of his Florida mom. From Hotair:
“This is the part that readers claim was edited out of the broadcast, which if true would be journalistic malpractice:
Ryan added, ‘My mom is a Medicare senior in Florida. Our point is we need to preserve their benefits, because government made promises to them that they’ve organized their retirements around. In order to make sure we can do that, you must reform it for those of us who are younger. And we think these reforms are good reforms. That have bipartisan origins. They started from the Clinton commission in the late ’90s.’”
The media are going full hog in portraying the Republicans as destroying the health and future of seniors. But the media FAIL to recognize that the Ryan plan doesn’t touch anyone over the age of 55 AND is designed to SAVE Medicare. They fail to inform voters that it is Obama-care and existing federal polices that will DESTROY any hope of sustaining Medicare beyond several more years.
Obama is right in one thing: There are two distinct visions for America:
The Obama vision is to increase government involvement and coercive policies in as many areas as possible while raising taxes and reducing personal responsibility and initiative.
The Romney/Ryan vision is to decrease government involvement and coercive policies in as many areas as possible while reducing taxes and enhancing personal responsibility and initiative.
It can’t get any clearer than that.
Those who favor the Obama plan have the following personal attributes:
Those who -
- Have grown accustomed to strong unions with their unsustainable, bankrupting benefit packages;
- Have reached a low grade comfort level in reliance on government handouts for food stamps, unemployment compensation, housing assistance and other tax-payer funded freebies that reduce or eliminate motivation to pursue meaningful work;
- Remain clueless about the founding principles of our nation grounded in personal initiative, freedom from government interference and coercion, and individual liberties;
- Believe it is the responsibility of government to provide for the needs AND wants of individuals BEYOND that which parents, non-profits, businesses, and individuals currently provide;
- Are oblivious to what is going on because of their aversion to “politics” and current events. In other words, they are content to remain ignorant.
Those who favor the Romney/Ryan plan have the following personal attributes:
Those who -
- Understand that continuing on the current tax and spend course is unsustainable, leading to catastrophic monetary devaluation and Greek/Italy/Spain types of social upheaval;
- Realize that the level of government paternalism imposed on society over the past several decades robs individuals of personal initiative and robs businesses of innovation that would otherwise enhance the productivity and competitiveness of our nation;
- Believe it is better to promote individual responsibility for the needs and wants of EVERY class of society; parents for their children, brother for their brother, neighbors for their neighbors, churches and synagogues for their communities, businesses for their cities, rather than relying on or allowing government in these domains;
- Understand that government involvement in personal lives is coercive and inefficient and robs individuals of freedoms and initiative;
- Agree that the best government is that closest to the individual: first self (personal morality and self-discipline); then family; then neighborhood’ then community; then city; then county; then region; then state; and THEN the Federal Government.
- Appreciate that the intended constitutional role of the Federal Government was to address matters that were essentially federal in nature: national defense, interstate commerce (e.g. interstate highway system and commerce law), currency, postal service, international treaties and trade. The Federal Government, long ago, has usurped the roles of the states, counties, and individuals.
It is maddening to me to see so many otherwise “intelligent” people favor government paternalism and coercion and failing to understand the benefits of a culture that elevates the value of individual motivation, effort, resourcefulness, perseverance, and success.
How do I know this? From personal experience and observation. I am typical of the majority of us. There have been times in my life when I looked for the easier way via handout from someone - government, merchant, friend or family – and then took it for granted. This is human nature. It has been so easy to be lulled into a comfort zone with handouts, loans, gifts - whatever you want to call them – and expect them to continue with little commensurate effort on my part. Sadly, that’s what our government has enabled too many millions of Americans to do. The damage is greater than the benefit. It’s taken me a couple of decades to realize this. What can I say, I’m a slow learner.
We did not become a great nation these past 200 years through the top down policies and dictates of government. It was through the bottom up unity and inspiration of the people who shared generally common purpose and values. It is common purpose and values that must be restored to reignite the energy the socialist-style Obama administration believes comes from government – aka “you didn’t build your business – someone else did” referring to government. No Barack, government is in the way. It needs to be cleared out.
Great leadership is required. The only hope for this that I see is in the Romney/Ryan ticket.