While in India this past week, President Obama asserted that “Islam embodied a religion of peace, fairness and tolerance” and “that the religion was being distorted by a few extremists.”
He went on to explain “The phrase jihad has a lot of meaning within Islam and is subject to a lot of different interpretations, but I will say that first Islam is one of the world's great religions. More than a billion people practice Islam and an overwhelming majority view their obligations to a religion that reaffirms peace, fairness, tolerance. I think all of us recognize that this great religion in the hands of a few extremists has been distorted by violence.”
Then explain this to me, Mr. Quasi-Muslim:
1. Why is the public face of Islam represented by the likes of Anwar al-Awlaki, a U.S.-born radical Yemeni cleric who has called for the killing of Americans in a new video message posted on radical web sites. There are hundreds like him around the world who are also the public face of Islam. Where are the “moderates?”
2. And when we hear from the “moderates”, why is it that upon further observation they turn out to be not so moderate? Recent cases in point include
- The leader of the Orlando, FL, mosque, Muhammad Musri, who seemed so moderate when he confronted the Gainesville pastor who wanted to burn the Qur’an, turns out to be involved in funding Hamas terrorists.
- The Muslim proponent of the 9-11 Mosque in New York City, Feisal Abdul Rauf, turns out to be a not-so-secret Islamic terrorist enabler.
- Recently promoted “moderate” Muslim Major Nidal Malik Hasan turns out to be a violent jihadist when he murders 13 people at Fort Hood, TX.
- And here is a list of actions of Muslims in the name of Islam around the world. They must be “moderate” because they are only doing what Islam teaches.
You are a grand deceiver, Mr. President. You are skilled in Islamic taqiyya and white-washing a vile ideology. You are right, Mr. Obama, millions of Muslims around the world are kind, gentle people, until they learn and practice their “religion.”