Thursday, November 05, 2009

My sweet letter to AARP: Their Obama-care endorsement

I don’t think my e-mailed letter from their web site went through because of excessive internet traffic :) A couple of other folks were probably writing them as well.

Here is what I wrote:

“You (AARP) say you want to separate "myth" from"reality." I suppose you’re referring to all the “scare tactics and half truths” the “radical right” is foisting on the American public.

Here is “myth” and “reality” for you...

Myth: We can afford the 1.2 trillion dollars for better coverage for 40 million more people

Reality: This plan will cost American taxpayers much more than we can afford at this point in our economic history and the vast majority of us will have worse coverage.

Myth: We will not lose existing health coverage.

Reality: Medicare Advantage Plan members will be forced to get less, more costly coverage under the Plan AARP endorses.

Reality: AARP has lost all credibility with me.

I just received an AARP mailing soliciting my membership, with a couple of pre-mature membership cards enclosed. This evening I will mail their membership cards back to them in little pieces. If you would like to do the same, their mailing address is:

AARP
601 E Street N.W.
Washington, DC 20049

No comments: