Saturday, June 12, 2010

An open question: Saudis and Israel

One question puzzles me even more than the question of why US Jews support a US President who incessantly disses Israel.

And that question is:  Why would Saudi Arabia promise to look the other way when Israel is ready to fly through Saudi air space to bomb Iran?  After all, Saudi Arabia is a prime sponsor of Islamic Wahhabi fundamentalism being exported to the US and to the world.  Jews and Israel are the “little Satan” in their ideology.

I am aware of the mantra “the enemy of my enemy is my friend”.  But still, the Saudi/Israel thing makes little sense to me – unless it is simply the intolerance toward other non-Wahhabi Islamic sects that prevails.  Does the Saudi government really trust Israel more than Iran?  Or is this merely a disinformational taqiyya ploy by the Kingdom?  Can someone enlighten me?

No comments: